Informed Consent/Limits to Confidentiality:
All of our work together, spoken or written, is confidential and protected by client privilege. I will protect and honor your privacy as it is one of the cornerstones of our relationship. However, there are some exceptions and it is important that you understand them.
- If I believe there is a risk that you may harm yourself or another person, I may be required to contact the authorities.
- If you report the abuse of a child or elder person, I am required to notify the authorities.
- If you file an insurance claim for our work together, I may be contacted by your insurance company to provide information regarding your diagnosis, treatment and progress.
- If you sign a specific release of information that authorizes me to speak to another party such as your physician or a family member.
Please read and print out the HIPAA policy: Click here
- Our sessions will last 50 minutes and must end on time.
- Payment is due at the end of your appointment. I do not accept insurance but at your request, I will provide you with a statement that you can send to your insurance provider.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, 24 hour notice is required.
- If I believe your treatment requires specific training I do not possess, I will discuss it with you and make the necessary referral with your permission.
- If you have any questions or concerns about informed consent, confidentiality or practice policies, please do not hesitate to ask.